Followers

Monday, March 23, 2015

Farewell and Rest In Peace Mr Lee Kuan Yew

Without doubt he is a great leader. He built up Singapore when Singapore had no natural resources at all.

I have read many books on him especially the book below since I love to analyse the mind of great political leaders. I must have read the book at least 5 times since I find it the best account.


He is indeed the father of Singapore's birth as a successful Nation State. I respect his intellect, knowledge of society and history which he exhibits in his speech and writings - a quality many leaders lack. He had a vision and I believe he achieved more than his vision for Singapore.

He also had the leadership and firmness to do what is necessary for Singapore rather than what is populist.

In short, I believe his life was useful to Singapore and probably to many others. I wish him rest in peace and my condolences to his family and Singapore.

Even at time of grieve, Singapore is efficient where the Prime Minister's announcement of Mr Lee's passing away is done in three languages - beginning in the Malay language. HOw not to respect Singapore?



Peace !


No comments: