Followers

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Rest in Peace YB Karpal Singh, the Tiger of Jelutong

Words always do not come easy to express what one feels when he hears news of the death of someone he knows well and respects.

I have known YB Karpal since very young and so does my family. My sister what's app me thus:

"I am feeling very sad. I know Karpal as a brother who used to bring lunch everyday for me and his wife Gurmit in the Penang library". I whatsapped her back:

"His time has come and we can only wish his soul the best as God pleases. He passed away in the course of duty - not many get that opportunity at his age - he's lucky".

I have always had the utmost respect for him as a lawyer . The case laws are evident of his contribution to the development  of law in the country. Though I may not agree with some of his politics, nevertheless I have respect for his sincere commitment to his politics - there are not many politicians like that around in this country or in the world.

He is a brave soul who speaks his mind and an extremely hardworking man - both in law and in politics. I have always known him to be kind in my dealings with him.  Only "regret" I have is that we never got about to do a talk show with him on "Rapera" because of our respective busy schedules.

His contribution in national politics is immense that he should be awarded a national award posthumously - this will speak well of incumbent politicians' maturity.

My deepest condolences to his family and may whatever good he had sought for be continued.

Peace !


No comments: