We are witnessing all sorts of social and political behaviour, completely unprecedented in its scale, creativity and potent danger. It is not incorrect to say that we are, in a sense, living in dangerous times.
In another sense, if we, the Rakyat, exercise prudence, patience, perseverance and philanthropy (good works with kindness), this is a God sent period for us to realign Malaysia on to the direction it should be heading. There is a lot of work to be done. It will take long but let us keep taking the first steps
1) We are experiencing a political landscape that has never existed in our country before. We are no longer mesmerized by the notion of incumbency. It is no longer true that anyone under the BN ticket will win. However, we must be careful not to fall into the rebellious trap that whoever on the opposition ticket must win. Any political candidate must be able to stand on their own as we are beginning to realize the failings and trappings of the mentalities of the political party systems. Political parties primarily serve the party's interests and if it is expedient, then the party members' interests - people's interest comes in third, if it does!
2) The Rakyat is also now more discerning when they hear so-called racial issues being stoked in public by those with the evil hope that it will burn the fire of racism and subsequently promote their narrow self interests. However, we must forever be on guard for the evil ones do not rest. Since they know that there is no scientific logic, rationality nor even spiritualism in racial approaches, they will appeal to emotions and years of indoctrinated prejudice. This is where each of us must touch our hearts and use our mind to stave off the lure and entrapment of the evil ones. They will keep on trying, they will be creative and they will not cease to cause ultimate disaster.
We, the People, must let them know clearly through our deeds and actions that they will never succeed in taking away our humanity nor will we stop being Malaysians in the true sense of the word. We must remind them that as “they plotted and planned, and God too planned, and the best of planners is God” (Quran: 3:54)
3) The Rakyat is also now aware of this: The evil ones have no compunction and fear in even invoking God’s name to serve their narrow selfish interests. This is the age old abuse of religion, to instill fear, doubts, to appeal to a “sense of divine duty”, to appeal to the sense of tribalism, etc. Most of these are evil people and some ignorant. They care nothing about you or your religion or God. They just want to kill you body on the pretext of saving your soul – so that they can be heroes.
“There is the type of man whose speech about this world's life may dazzle you, and he calls God to witness about what is in his heart; yet is he the most contentious of enemies”. (Quran: 2:204)
We must be clear: God never condones hatred, injustice, intolerance, violence or oppression. WE too must make an effort to understand our own respective religion from our own scriptural sources – if we truly care. This way, we will not be manipulated by evil charlatans who purportedly speak in God’s name.
4) WE, the People, are also becoming aware that only two things appear to interest most politicians, whether BN or Pakatan – power and wealth. We must remember this so that we know how to push the button to make them move in the interest of the Nation. We must have our eyes open on what happens to the wealth of the Nation – which collectively belongs to the Rakyat and the future generation of Rakyats. WE MUST INSIST ON KNOWING WHAT GOES ON IN THE REDISTRIBUTION OF THE WEALTH PROCESS. We cannot just leave it to the so-called institutions that are supposedly caretakers of the rakyat. The People themselves must know.
5) We, the Rakyat are also becoming aware that most politicians are fast on their mouth and slow in their brains. This is not surprising as they are more busy politicking, giving speeches/sermons, attending various public functions, etc, etc. Where do you think they can find the time to read, to reflect, to think, to study the papers that the civil servants have prepared for them, to meet the genuine ordinary rakyat who wants to give a suggestion or to air his problem??? If you do not believe me, try to make an appointment with any Minister or exco member. Try and more importantly, evaluate why he is too busy to meet you (By the way, this was the same guy/gal who walked to our house doors during the elections!)
6) We are also becoming aware that there are racists, bigots, religiously overdosed persons in every basket of ethnic or religious grouping. Let us firmly refuse to equate “some” with “all”. Let us recognize the evil persons for what they are without giving them the cover of the very religion they are abusing. To do this, we must be willing to clean the dusts in our own hearts.
7) We are also realizing that the civil service is on auto mode and that is because the political masters have no time and do not know what is going on in there. The true “government”, the civil service which interacts with the People on a daily basis is left to its own whims and fancies. I fear that it is mutating into a monster that one day we will shocked to realize.
This I must share:
I am truly worried that there are evil and irresponsible persons among us who want to cause the greatest instability possible, to divide us, to cause enmity among us to make us stop being human beings. We cannot allow this. We must be wary and firm. We must forever be on guard.
Otherwise, we would have failed our parents, children, our country, ourselves and God.
“Therefore stand firm (in the straight Path) as you are commanded,- thou and those who with you turn (unto God); and transgress not (from the Path): for He sees well all that you do. (Quran:11:112)
“And incline not to those who do wrong, or the Fire will seize you; and you have no protectors other than God, nor shall you be helped”. (Quran: 11:113)
Raperas, wherever you are, the Nation needs you now.