Followers

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What would you do if you knew you were the only one who could save the planet from imminent danger?

It is uncanny. I am in Malaysia and Chris Goslow is in California. I chose the word 'Rapera' in Malay to mean saviour citizen and she produced a piece of music called "Rapera" about a youth who attempts to save the world. This is the email I received from her:


Hi, Jay:

This is quite an extraordinary coincidence. I am a composer of a piece of music called "Rapera" about a youth who attempts to save the Earth. The funny thing is, I chose the title because I was putting rap together with opera, hence "rapera." But your description of what a rapera is http://jahaberdeen.blogspot.com/2008/11/who-is-rapera-and-what-can-heshe-do.html is absolutely consistent with the title I chose. I was inspired to contact you because I thought it could be useful for me in the work I'm doing to extend this work, because I'm thinking of writing in an organization called "the rapera" which is seeking to save the world.

You can read more about my work here: www.cwiggz.com.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Chris Goslow


This is what I replied:

Chris,

You are correct..this is an extraordinary coincidence. I only recently found out that the word "Rapera" means rap! It may be strange that the word "Rapera" inspires both in you and me a sense of being a "savior human". Truths and good works, I suppose are universally connected. I went to your site and when I read the synopsis of your musical work, I had chills down my spine - the story seems to capture precisely the message that I am trying to put across in the word "rapera"! These words that you wrote was like reading my mind:

"but instead he is given an ultimatum: that humanity is given one more chance to redeem itself or else the Earth will be destroyed".

God has already given us the choices and the capability that we need to make this earth (and anything else that comes our way) a "heaven".

I would be happy to be part of any effort to cultivate the "rapera" conciousness.

Please keep in touch and let me know how I may be helpful. I am in Malaysia..and you? US?

May I link you on my blog?

jay.

I hope the work by Chris Goslow can come to Malaysia.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Jay,

I went to chris site, I think it is good work, Coming to Malaysia is good idea.

jon pour do care said...

Well, if it's gonna save the planet from imminent danger, we've just got to do it la ! Is there anyone who will not do it ka ?

P.S. Eh ! Where's BULANS ? Long time no hear la ! Is he alright ka ? I sincerely do hope so.

Anonymous said...

BULANS dah mati kot?

nya tak tahan negara melayu, cina/keling nak cakap banyak kot, halau keluar balik cina/india baru tahu, cina/keling bodoh

Jahamy said...

yusuf ali,

salam bro. awat hang dok buang tabiat? Takkan lah kalau orang lain fasik, kita pun nak ikut sama?

salam.