I saw the movie. I like it very much for many reasons. Mainly because all through the movie so many verses from the Quran keep coming to my mind – those relating to end of times, those relating to human nature, etc. Amazing is it not? A movie made in Hollywood inspired me to recall verses from the Quran! Is this allowed???
Other reasons, the main one being – when “shit hits the roof”, the first to suffer are ordinary folks like you and me. Politicians, corporate guys with tonnes of money and the other elitists seem to be able to escape or at least make the attempt first. The rest of us “obedient, subservient fools” all our life – kapito!!! Well, slaves do not have rights.
We have never mattered other than to be door mats for them to go forward. By the time we wake up, it is time to sleep forever! Aren’t you having fun living your life like this?
The movie also exemplifies reality – it is the ordinary unselfish, caring, saviour citizen or Rapera, if you like, that really makes the difference when there are real chaos. Politicians and religionists are relevant only during the good times. Of course, otherwise, how to organize the pomp and crowd?
And why the movie will never be made in Malaysia? A few reasons like these:
1. Our film industry is still in a sorry state - because of the mindset and circumstances our politicians and religionists have created for YEARS!
2. Creativity is not allowed;
3. Such a movie may be disallowed as the relevant authorities may say that it will affect the “faith” of the movie goers – my God – depicting end of times??? NO! No! – hence never in BM. Those who can understand Malay need constant “protection” in all areas of life.
4. You may not get political support – nothing moves in Malaysia unless the political demigods give YOU, the puny citizen the go-ahead.
5. A movie cannot be made in Malaysia unless it is artificially flavoured with some political agenda disguising as “policies”.
6. Budget may be inflated due to “sumbangan ikhlas” and hence not economic.
7. YOU ADD!