Followers

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Scientist is an Ulama too !


I came across this interesting article that I wish to share with you:


"Let me start by saying that this is in no way intended to disrespect anyone. Whilst I am a scientist by profession, this is not meant to insinuate that i am an ulama.. However i do feel that there is a lot of confusion in the word ulama and how it is currently being perceived. A scientist, by definition, is also an ulama...but then again, this is an academic excercise which has no bearing on anything! So here goes nonetheless....

1) In Arabic the word Ulama is the plural form of the word Alim, which has been derived from the word Ilmu. An Arabic dictionary will show you that the meaning of Ulama and Alim are as follows:"

You can continue to read the rest of this interesting article here at To Think About It.

I am happy to note that more and more young people are referring to the Quran and making an effort to understand its contents.

Peace !

1 comment:

lordapes said...

Ha. Seems like I'm not the only one who have the same thought.

http://lordapes.blogspot.com/2011/11/paderi-dan-ulama.html

:D