Followers

Thursday, March 5, 2009

MAY ALLAH FORGIVE OUR EXCESSES

A friend emailed to me youtube showing Karpal Singh being surrounded by some members who claim to be from UMNO youth. I rewinded and rewinded the clip. I could hear Karpal Singh pleading again and again: ‘Please let into Parliament”.

I may respect many of Karpal’s contribution to the development of law in the country but there are many political approaches of Karpal that I completely disagree. I do not even like the many things he says in Parliament or the way he says it. But I could not stop my tears from flowing when I saw the clip. I was sincerely embarrassed, and fearful of the wrath of Allah.

HOW COULD WE HAVE FAILED TO INCULCATE THE SPIRIT OF “RAHMAH” (MERCY) AND TACT IN OUR YOUTH?

Ya Allah, please continue to have mercy on us, your humble weak servants.

Ya Allah, You, the One who forgives Again and Again, please continue to forgive us for the excesses from among us.

Ya Allah, give us the strength to be grateful for the mercies that You have bestowed upon us.

Ya Allah, please give us the strength to cast aside the Iblis of arrogance and be ever mindful of Your Wrath and pleasure.

Ya Allah, please give us the wisdom to distinguish between right and wrong and to stop calling Your name in vain.

YA ALLAH, PLEASE BE SWIFT IN YOUR GUIDANCE AND SLOW IN YOUR WRATH.

Ya Allah, please forgive this weak, humble servant from invoking Your help for where else do I turn?

SALAM.

P.S. This post is not intended to offend or to support anyone. If I did unintentionally offend anyone, I readily offer my apologies. I also don’t agree that Pemuda UMNO is celaka. As I said before, I know a lot of good muslims there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

correct!